- Este evento ha pasado.
Steel Decarbonisation Strategies 2021 Virtual Conference
29 junio, 2021 - 1 julio, 2021
About the Event
The conference will bring together perspectives from across the value chain and around the world, creating a dialogue between policy makers, investors, end-users and senior executives from across the value chain.
Key questions the event will explore:
What are the market implications of increased pressure to decarbonise the steel industry?
- Who are the winners and losers in the value chain?
- What are the implications of different net-zero carbon targets and policy pathways?
- What price premiums might be available to decarbonised steel producers
- What do regional regulatory changes mean for global trade flows in the value chain?
How can policy makers support the decarbonisation of this critical commodity?
- What carrots and sticks available to policymakers to encourage industrial decarbonisation?
- What carbon pricing mechanisms are required to make decarbonisation investment viable?
- Should policy encourage decarbonisation front-runners or support late adopters?
- Which regions will be the economic winners and losers from a decarbonised value chain?
- Which regions are ahead in decarbonisation policy? Which are behind?
- Can policy consider global measures that matches the international nature of steel value chains?
How are sustainability considerations shaping investment in the steel value chain?
- What impact are carbon emissions considerations having on steel equity and investment ratings?
- What does sustainable investing mean for project finance in new mines, steel mills or processing plants?
- Is there standard practice among investors on how they assess carbon risk?
- How do companies increase investor confidence that steps to decarbonise have been taken?
- What carbon trading strategies are currently available to control this risk?
How can steel consuming companies understand the overall carbon footprint of their suppliers?
- How are considerations of carbon emissions likely to impact steel purchasing decisions?
- Are there specific steel products are likely to receive increased decarbonisation pressure?
- Is there a standard practice on how steel consumers assess the carbon footprint of their steel supply chain?
- Will different steel consuming sectors (auto, construction etc) respond to the challenge in different ways?
What data is available to understand the steel decarbonisation challenge?
- What is defined as green steel?
- What criteria is used to assess the decarbonisation credentials of value chain players?
- Which players in the value chain are currently better placed?
- How can green steel be branded to provide green premiums?
What can the steel value chain do right now to reduce emissions?
- How can energy supply to the steel value chain be made sustainable?
- How can scope one emissions in raw material mining process be reduced?
- What emissions improvements can be made to BOF and EAF steelmaking routes?
- What proportion of steel production can be made using scrap or low emission feedstocks?
- What processes will need to change throughout the steel value chain to reduce scope three emissions?
- What energy efficiencies or process optimizations can be made?
- What are the costs, roadblocks and limitations of these technologies and process improvements?
- What trade flows will need to change?
- How can each player help others in the value chain reduce their emissions and get recognition for this?
What technological developments could dramatically change the picture in steel decarbonisation?
- What is the timeline for delivering industrial scale green hydrogen based steelmaking?
- How might carbon capture and utilization be applied to the steel value chain?
- What other strategies may be able to deliver fully decarbonised steel production?
- What companies are advancing these technologies and their implementation?
- How might each of these developments move the dial?
- What are the costs, roadblocks or other ultimate limits to these strategies?